Enjoy coffee and herb for health

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Nursery Rhyme Knits

To tell you everything about Hawaii...would take forever. One of these days, I'm going to get a photo album up online for everyone to look though. We took around 200 pictures and it was absolutely fantastic. I did things I never even dreamed I'd be able to do 100 pounds ago. I climbed up and down cliffy areas, and I snuba'd and I SURFED! I wore shorts in public and a bathing suit without shorts over it. I went sleeveless a lot and even wore a couple of uber::short skirts. The vacation was absolutely breathtaking. We saw the end of a rainbow, the sunrise over a volcanic crater, and went snorkeling in an underwater crater. We saw truely majestic sites and I can't wait to go back.

So I started a new job. I'm the office coordinator for a personnel service. I really am having a good time with it. When I finish a class that I'm taking for our training program, I'll be making $10/hr with really good benefits and a really nice working environment. The people I work with are really wonderful...they're all very caring and fun and easy to get a long with. I'm in the process of reorganizing all of their files and archiving from the past year and a half. Its a big undertaking, but I can do it. I get to see the bottom of my filing bin about once a week. I handle the payroll for all the people who work through us, because they get paid by us...not the company we sent them to, and I take care of all accounts recievable. Its a fun job, and I'm glad I found it.

On to knitting!
My cousin, Kelly, had her baby on January 1st (The second baby of the year!) and she LOVES Moses! According to everyone, its the only blanket she will use for little Hayley. It makes me feel good inside.
I cast on for her sister, Kerri's, blanket tonight. Kerri is having a boy, and I'm going to do the blanket in a knit/purl heart pattern. It is way cute. I found the perfect border stitch in my Stitch a day Calendar. Its going to be way cute!

I'M IN RAOK!!!! I'M IN RAOK!!!! I am SO EXCITED to be a member of that ring! Now that I'm getting a little bit more time to breathe, I'm going to be sending out some random acts.

After almost a month, I FINALLY got back to the yarn store to visit my favorite yarn ladies. It was so good to see them. We chatted about our lives and our knitting, and I showed off my Hawaii photo album, and I cast on for Kerri's blanket. Now that I actually have extra money to spend, I was able to buy a couple of books. I bought Stitch 'n Bitch, after borrowing it a few too many times from my friends, and the world's most ADOREABLE baby knits book. Its called Nursery Rhyme Knits by Teresa Boyer, and its all intarsia and fair isle patterns for hats, scarves, mittens and blankets for kids with nursery rhymes put into the patterns. They are SO DARN CUTE! Now I just need to learn how to knit fair isle and intarsia.

Secret pal 4! Secret pal 4! I can't wait for it to start! Tomorrow, I'll put up my Secret pal 4 information sheet. I'm sooooo excited to get my pal and start having secret-y goodness!

Well, that's all I've got for now! Man I've talked an awful lot. I think that's enough for now. I miss all my knitbloggers, and I'm glad to finally have the time to start getting my blog on again.

Until next time, knitters!

Nursery Rhyme Knits Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: farm